Review: Serif WebPlus X6
Feature rich web design package packs a punch
Typically web designing is something left only to the pros. But if you don’t have the money to employ a web designer, then you could be a bit stuck when it comes to getting your own website up on the Internet.
There are free ways of doing it; TME is made entirely using free software, but it can be very difficult to come up with something that’s truly original, and suits your needs.
So we were quite pleased to take a look at Serif’s new web design suite, WebPlus X6. Not least because it’ll run on any Windows PC, and it’s price tag is significantly lower than some package, coming in at well under £100.
Serif also promise that WebPlus X6 makes it easy to create your own websites, even if you’ve never made one before. This is something which can’t be said for a lot of web design suites out there.
Before we get into the depths of what we think about it, here’s some of the published features of WebPlus X6 direct from Serif:
- Customise and create your own stylish website with no coding
- Build sites optimised for smartphones, tablets, desktops, and laptops
- Sell products online with trusted e-commerce providers
- Drag and drop buttons, logos and more onto your pages
- Add Facebook and Twitter feeds as well as other social media sharing buttons
- Edit photos, create logos and colour schemes, design backgrounds and more
- Create as many unique sites as you want, with no limits on pages or features
We can vouch for all of these features, having played around with them ourselves for some time. We even knocked together a website for a fictional IT provider to test that everything worked.
It would be almost impossible for us to write a review that covered every single aspect of WebPlus, it’s that vast. So instead we’ve opted to focus on our experiences of using WebPlus to create our dummy website, read on to discover what we thought of the process.